3213 Duke St #190
Alexandria, VA 22314
FITSI is the Federal IT Security Institute which is a non-profit organization managing and administering the FITSP certification program. FITSP stands for the Federal IT Security Professional and is broken into four individual IT security certification programs targeted at the Federal workforce based upon role.
FITSI's mission is "To help secure the Nation's Federal Information Systems by certifying that Federal Workforce members understand and can apply appropriate Federal IT security standards."
What is FITSP?
FITSP is an IT security certification program targeted at the Federal workforce (civilian personnel, military and contractors). This certification program synergizes the knowledge of other security certifications with the standards and practices that are being used by the United States Federal government. There are four different IT security roles that FITSP covers: Manager, Designer, Operator and Auditor.
1. November 5th, 2015 - Need to learn about Continuous Monitoring? Come join your colleagues in a two-day course hosted by FITSI on Continuous Monitoring for Federal Information Systems. Learn more.
2. November 3rd, 2015 - Want to become FITSP-Auditor certified? FITSI is offering a review class December 8th-10th, 2015. Learn more.
3. October 30th, 2015 - FITSI offers a 3 days FITSP-Manager certification review class December 1st-3rd. Learn more.
4. October 29th, 2015 - The FITSI Foundation in partnership with the AFCEA-Central Maryland Chapter announces an IT/Cyber Mixer with Admiral Rogers from Cyber Command and Dr. Ron Ross from NIST. Learn more.
5. September 15th, 2015 - FITSI Announces Authorized
Training Materials for the FITSP Certification Program.
7. August 10th, 2015 - FITSI offers a 3 day FITSP-Manager review course and certification exam September 15th-17th, 2015. Learn more.
8. June 17th, 2015 - FITSI offers a three day RMF training class in Arlington, VA from July 21st-23rd, 2015. Learn more.
9. June 5th, 2015 - The South Carolina chapter of FITSI is hosting a three day course in the NIST Risk Management Framework (RMF) from July 28th-30th, 2015 in North Charleston SC. Learn more.
10. May 21th, 2015 - FITSI offers a 3 day FITSP-Manager review course and certification exam June 16th-18th, 2015. Learn more.
11. May 18th, 2015 - FITSI members receive a $200 discount on the Gartner "Security and Risk Management Summit" Conference on June 8th-11th, 2015! Learn more.
12. May 8th, 2015 - FITSI hosts a member only webinar on the topic of "Navigating the Evolving Federal Cyber Compliance Landscape" on May 21st, 2015 Learn more.
13. April 8th, 2015 - FITSI offers a class in the NIST Risk Management Framework (RMF) May 12th-14th, 2015 Learn more.
14. April 1st, 2015 - FITSI offers a hands-on Operational Security Testing (OST) class on May 5th-7th, 2015. Learn more.
15. March 16th, 2015 - FITSI members receive a 15% discount for the AFCEA DC Cyber Summit in Washington, DC on April 2nd, 2015! Learn more.
16. February 27th, 2015 - FITSI offers a FITSP-Auditor review 3 day course and certification exam April 14th-16th, 2015. Learn more.
17. February 26th, 2015 - FITSI offers a three day class in the NIST Risk Management Framework (RMF) on March 24th-26th, 2015. Learn more.
18. January 29th, 2015 - FITSI members receive a 10% discount for the Fed Net 2015 Conference on February 23rd-24t, 2015! Learn more.