3213 Duke St #190
Alexandria, VA 22314
FITSI is the Federal IT Security Institute which is a non-profit organization managing and administering the FITSP certification program. FITSP stands for the Federal IT Security Professional and is broken into four individual IT security certification programs targeted at the Federal workforce based upon role.
FITSI's mission is "To help secure the Nation's Federal Information Systems by certifying that Federal Workforce members understand and can apply appropriate Federal IT security standards."
What is FITSP?
FITSP is an IT security certification program targeted at the Federal workforce (civilian personnel, military and contractors). This certification program synergizes the knowledge of other security certifications with the standards and practices that are being used by the United States Federal government. There are four different IT security roles that FITSP covers: Manager, Designer, Operator and Auditor.
1. April 10th, 2014 - FITSI Offers a webinar to FITSI members on April 29th, 2014 entitled "Understanding Information Security Continuous Monitoring" with Subject Matter Expert (SME) Kelley Dempsey from NIST! Learn more.
2. April 2nd, 2014 - FITSI offers a three day class in the NIST Risk Management Framework (RMF) on May 6th-8th, 2014. Learn more.
3. March 4th, 2014 - FITSI offers a webinar on an "Overview of the Risk Management Framework," on March 31st, 2014. Learn more.
4. February 18th, 2014 - FITSI-DC to hold one-day seminar with Dr. Ron Ross and other NIST Experts on March 25th, 2014. Learn more.
5. January 30th, 2014 - FITSI and Kearney & Company are hosting a 3 day review class for the FITSP-Auditor Certification on March 3rd-5th, 2014. Learn more.
6. January 28th, 2014 - FITSI Establishes South
Carolina Chapter of Members!
8. October 11th, 2013 - The FITSI-Colorado Chapter (FITSI-CO) is hosting a presentation on the Rocky Mountain Forensics Laboratory! Learn more.
9. October 10th, 2013 - Cyber Security Asset Management (CSAM) Overview Webinar to be Offered to FITSI Members! Learn more.
10. September 18th, 2013 - FITSI releases new Candidate Handbook to provide guidance on the FITSI certification process. Learn more.
11. August 27th, 2013 - FITSI Offers a Webinar Entitled "The Benefits of FedRAMP" Learn more.
12. August 4th, 2013 - FITSI Foundation (sister organization to the Federal IT Security Institute) receives 501c3 status with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). Learn more.