3213 Duke St #190
Alexandria, VA 22314
FITSI is the Federal IT Security Institute which is a non-profit organization managing and administering the FITSP certification program. FITSP stands for the Federal IT Security Professional and is broken into four individual IT security certification programs targeted at the Federal workforce based upon role.
FITSI's mission is "To help secure the Nation's Federal Information Systems by certifying that Federal Workforce members understand and can apply appropriate Federal IT security standards."
What is FITSP?
FITSP is an IT security certification program targeted at the Federal workforce (civilian personnel, military and contractors). This certification program synergizes the knowledge of other security certifications with the standards and practices that are being used by the United States Federal government. There are four different IT security roles that FITSP covers: Manager, Designer, Operator and Auditor.
1. November 27th, 2013 - FITSI's next exam event for FITSP certification is December 15th, 2013 in Arlington Virginia! Members can take it free on this day using promo code FITSP2013. Register now to take the FITSP exam! Register.
1. October 11th, 2013 - The FITSI-Colorado Chapter (FITSI-CO) is hosting a presentation on the Rocky Mountain Forensics Laboratory! Learn more.
2. October 10th, 2013 - Cyber Security Asset Management (CSAM) Overview Webinar to be Offered to FITSI Members! Learn more.
2. September 18th, 2013 - FITSI releases new Candidate Handbook to provide guidance on the FITSI certification process. Learn more.
3. August 27th, 2013 - FITSI Offers a Webinar Entitled "The Benefits of FedRAMP" Learn more.
4. August 4th, 2013 - FITSI Foundation (sister organization to the Federal IT Security Institute) receives 501c3 status with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). Learn more.
5. July 8th, 2013 - FITSI Offers a Webinar Entitled "Strategies for A Successful FISMA Audit" - July 8th, 2013. Learn more.
6. June 4th, 2013 - FITSI Offers a Webinar to Members Entitled "Succesful C&A Strategies and Solutions". June 4th, 2013. Learn more.
7. February 22nd, 2013 - FITSI Plans a Webinar with Dr. Ron Ross Entitled "Emerging Risk Management Strategies" February 22nd, 2013. Learn more.