3213 Duke St #190
Alexandria, VA 22314
FITSI is the Federal IT Security Institute which is a non-profit organization managing and administering the FITSP certification program. FITSP stands for the Federal IT Security Professional and is broken into four individual IT security certification programs targeted at the Federal workforce based upon role.
FITSI's mission is "To help secure the Nation's Federal Information Systems by certifying that Federal Workforce members understand and can apply appropriate Federal IT security standards."
What is FITSP?
FITSP is an IT security certification program targeted at the Federal workforce (civilian personnel, military and contractors). This certification program synergizes the knowledge of other security certifications with the standards and practices that are being used by the United States Federal government. There are four different IT security roles that FITSP covers: Manager, Designer, Operator and Auditor.
1. February 27th, 2015 - FITSI offers a FITSP-Auditor review 3 day course and certification exam April 14-16, 2015. Learn more.
2. February 26th, 2015 - FITSI offers a three day class in the NIST Risk Management Framework (RMF) on March 24th-26th, 2015. Learn more.
3. December 1st, 2014 - FITSI offers Members a webinar on "Understanding the Continuous Diagnostics and Mitigation (CDM) Program from DHS."
4. October 21st, 2014 - The FITSI-DC chapter is holding a one-day conference in Arlington, VA on November 18th, 2014 on a full range of cybersecurity topics! You can earn 8 CPEs for $60! Learn more.
5. October 14th, 2014 - FITSI Offers Members Webinar on The Insider Threat Challenge from Dr. Shawn P. Murray of US Cyber Command! Learn more.
6. October 10th, 2014 - FITSI Members Receive a 20% Discount on Cyber Maryland 2014 Conference! Learn more.
7. June 19th, 2014 - FITSI Offers Members Webinar on TACIT Security from Dr. Ron Ross from NIST! Learn more.
8. May 15th, 2014 - FITSI-DC Chapter Offers One Day Conference on FedRAMP and Continuous Monitoring! Learn more.
9. April 10th, 2014 - FITSI Offers a webinar to FITSI members on April 29th, 2014 entitled "Understanding Information Security Continuous Monitoring" with Subject Matter Expert (SME) Kelley Dempsey from NIST! Learn more.
10. April 2nd, 2014 - FITSI offers a three day class in the NIST Risk Management Framework (RMF) on May 6th-8th, 2014. Learn more.
11. March 4th, 2014 - FITSI offers a webinar on an "Overview of the Risk Management Framework," on March 31st, 2014. Learn more.
12. February 18th, 2014 - FITSI-DC to hold one-day seminar with Dr. Ron Ross and other NIST Experts on March 25th, 2014. Learn more.
13. January 30th, 2014 - FITSI and Kearney & Company are hosting a 3 day review class for the FITSP-Auditor Certification on March 3rd-5th, 2014. Learn more.
14. January 28th, 2014 - FITSI Establishes South
Carolina Chapter of Members!