3213 Duke St #190
Alexandria, VA 22314
FITSI is the Federal IT Security Institute which is a non-profit organization managing and administering the FITSP certification program. FITSP stands for the Federal IT Security Professional and is broken into four individual IT security certification programs targeted at the Federal workforce based upon role.
1. FITSI-DC Chapter to Hold Special Seminar on March 19th and 20th, 2013 on "Cloud Computing Risks and Mitigation Based on Best Practices and NIST Publications for FISMA Compliance." Learn more.
2. FITSI-DC Chapter to Hold Special Seminar on December 4th and 5th, 2012 on "Audit and Security of Oracle Database Security Based on the DHS/DOD Guidance." Learn more.
3. FITSI DC Chapter to Hold Seminar on Network Vulnerability Assessments using NIST Guidance. Learn more.
4. Dr. Ron Ross from NIST to Present at FITSI-DC May, 2012 One-day Conference. Learn more.
5. The US Internal Revenue Service recognizes FITSI's non-profit tax status. Learn more.
FITSI's mission is "To help secure the Nation's Federal Information Systems by certifying that Federal Workforce members understand and can apply appropriate Federal IT security standards."
What is FITSP?
FITSP is an IT security certification program targeted at the Federal workforce (civilian personnel, military and contractors). This certification program synergizes the knowledge of other security certifications with the standards and practices that are being used by the United States Federal government. There are four different IT security roles that FITSP covers: Manager, Designer, Operator and Auditor.