3213 Duke St #190
Alexandria, VA 22314
FITSI is the Federal IT Security Institute which is a non-profit organization managing and administering the FITSP certification program. FITSP stands for the Federal IT Security Professional and is broken into four individual IT security certification programs targeted at the Federal workforce based upon role.
FITSI's mission is "To help secure the Nation's Federal Information Systems by certifying that Federal Workforce members understand and can apply appropriate Federal IT security standards."
What is FITSP?
FITSP is an IT security certification program targeted at the Federal workforce (civilian personnel, military and contractors). This certification program synergizes the knowledge of other security certifications with the standards and practices that are being used by the United States Federal government. There are four different IT security roles that FITSP covers: Manager, Designer, Operator and Auditor.
1. May 21th, 2015 - FITSI offers a 3 day FITSP-Manager review course and certification exam June 16th-18th, 2015. Learn more.
2. May 18th, 2015 - FITSI members receive a $200 discount on the Gartner "Security and Risk Management Summit" Conference on June 8th-11th, 2015! Learn more.
3. May 8th, 2015 - FITSI hosts a member only webinar on the topic of "Navigating the Evolving Federal Cyber Compliance Landscape" on May 21st, 2015 Learn more.
4. April 8th, 2015 - FITSI offers a class in the NIST Risk Management Framework (RMF) May 12th-14th, 2015 Learn more.
5. April 1st, 2015 - FITSI offers a hands-on Operational Security Testing (OST) class on May 5th-7th, 2015. Learn more.
6. March 16th, 2015 - FITSI members receive a 15% discount for the AFCEA DC Cyber Summit in Washington, DC on April 2nd, 2015! Learn more.
7. February 27th, 2015 - FITSI offers a FITSP-Auditor review 3 day course and certification exam April 14th-16th, 2015. Learn more.
8. February 26th, 2015 - FITSI offers a three day class in the NIST Risk Management Framework (RMF) on March 24th-26th, 2015. Learn more.
9. January 29th, 2015 - FITSI members receive a 10% discount for the Fed Net 2015 Conference on February 23rd-24t, 2015! Learn more.
10. December 1st, 2014 - FITSI offers Members a webinar on "Understanding the Continuous Diagnostics and Mitigation (CDM) Program from DHS."
11. October 21st, 2014 - The FITSI-DC chapter is holding a one-day conference in Arlington, VA on November 18th, 2014 on a full range of cybersecurity topics! You can earn 8 CPEs for $60! Learn more.
12. October 14th, 2014 - FITSI Offers Members Webinar on The Insider Threat Challenge from Dr. Shawn P. Murray of US Cyber Command! Learn more.
13. October 10th, 2014 - FITSI Members Receive a 20% Discount on Cyber Maryland 2014 Conference! Learn more.
14. June 19th, 2014 - FITSI Offers Members Webinar on TACIT Security from Dr. Ron Ross from NIST! Learn more.
15. May 15th, 2014 - FITSI-DC Chapter Offers One Day
Conference on FedRAMP and Continuous Monitoring!